Essay on Mental Health Topics List
Mental health handles all of the moods, emotions, and behavior that are linked to a person’s reactions to stressors and other behaviors related to problems. Consider the way someone is reacting to stress or anxiety. It covers all problems and illnesses related to the mental state. It is able to tell somebody how they can make choices and analyze decisions for the important things in life. A lot of issues that relate to illnesses about someone’s mental health such as panic, phobia, shame, suicide, stress anxiety and eating disorders can be discussed in an essay. It is important that to emphasize the difference between mental health and mental disorders to make the focus of the essay clear. The World Health Organization have reports that show there is 50% of the world’s total population who are victims of mental disorder. This is a consequence on how mental health is viewed as an unsure continuum instead of a certain level of psychological wellness. How mental health is perceived tends to be subjective because some are based on happiness, other people see it as the capacity to function in a society with a positive impact. The majority of definitions revolve around three main points: to live ‘fully’, creatively, emotionally stable, adaptable, and have the flexibility to handle life’s problems. These main aspects were used in analyzing the population of the world, and it was concluded that about 50% of the world population has a mental disorder. There are different forms of mental illnesses that are devastating to the world and these are depression, mood disorders, anxiety, psychotic disorders, and personality disorders. Anxiety disorder happens to most people and it covers phobias, panic disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Since the purpose of the essay is to discuss mental health, convincing the readers is the first goal a writer must think about. This is the kind of essay where the writer has to choose.
Here are good topics for an essay on mental health:
1. The 5 symptoms of bipolar disorder
2. What is known as social anxiety, its causes and how it can be treated
3. A deeper look into the situations that cause a person to commit suicide
4. What are the reasons why a person becomes depressed?
5. Analyzing schizophrenia in young people
6. How is obsessive-compulsive personality disorder treated?
7. Is family history linked to the transfer of stress and anxiety to a person?
8. Why do depressed people process information in a different way?
9. What is the importance of sexual in children?
10. How does age affect a person’s mental health and why is it linked to the development of mental illness?
11. The effect of social media on how a person gets disconnected from living a happy life.
12. What is social anxiety disorder?
13. What to do if your loved one is considering suicide?
14. How to handle someone who has psychotic depression.
15. Finding the best Psychosocial treatments.
16. What are the signs and symptoms of clinical depression?
17. What is the effect of exercise on one’s mental health?
18. Why is the stigma against mental illness is still very rampant today?
19. How to talk to someone who is suffering from Post-traumatic stress disorder?
20. The different types of eating disorders.
Writing an essay on mental health allows a person to do extensive research in order to prove their argument in the essay. If done properly, it is one of the most interesting essays that people can read.