Essay on global warming
Writing an essay is a systematic process that requires the author to present his idea to urge or persuade his target audience. An essay can be about anything but the difference is how the author structures the ideas. A good persuasive essay contains facts, statistics and solid evidence to convince its audience about a specific topic of interest.
A typical format of an essay contains five paragraphs:
- The first paragraph is the introduction which acts as a brief outline for the paper that informs the reader what to expect.
- The second, the third and the fourth paragraph contain the essay body.
- The last paragraph is the concluding paragraph that summarizes the main essay points.
Need a custom essay?
Writing a persuasive essay on global warming requires an in-depth analysis of the topic to convince its audience. Global warming is a wide topic that is always written based on the professor’s instructions. One of the common mistakes writers make when writing persuasive essays is not presenting their views on the topic. If the author wants to convince his audience, he should know his audience. For students when writing persuasive essays, their main audience will be the professor and any other person who will be handling their course work. The author should conduct extensive research to present accurate data, facts and other relevant information related to the topic to sound more convincing.
How to start an essay on global warming
The first part of the essay is the introductory paragraph which should start with an impact. The introduction should include the thesis statement announcing the topic. The end of the paragraph the author needs to have a hook to capture the attention of its audience. For example:
global warming is one of the environmental challenges affecting every living being, global warming affects each and everyone, it threatens the health of the earth inhabitants and the world economy. We need to ensure that this planet stays healthy
How to write a body paragraph for an essay on global warming
- The first paragraph of the body should contain a brief overview of the topic, for example: global warming occurs when the earth’s temperature increases affecting water volume and contributes to increased sea levels. Causes of global warming include burning coal, natural gas and fossil fuels. Other causes of global warming include pollution from industries.
- The second paragraph of the body needs to continue persuading the audience, giving examples as a follow up of the first paragraph in relation to the thesis statement. The second paragraph should contain the effects of global warming, for example: studies reveal the global warming with time will make the world uninhabitable causing food shortage, widespread migration, and war. Other effects include frequent hurricanes and unusual weather patterns like El Niño mostly reported in sub-Saharan Africa. Environmental scientist projects that at least half of the natural habitat will be eliminated by the end of the century.
- The third paragraph of the body which contains some counter arguments about global warming, but immediately followed up by a stronger argument supporting the main theme of the essay. The paragraph should address actions we can take to minimize the effects of global warming. For example: although many countries feel that they have abundant natural resources, most of these natural resources are not protected. We need to make friendly choices in our daily lives. We need to plant more trees and use environmentally friendly appliances.
How to conclude an essay on global warming
When concluding an essay, the author needs to restate the thesis statement using the original language. The writer needs to close his essay by urging his audience to take action. For example, regardless of what we believe in, global warming affects everyone, hence we need to take action to minimize the effects caused by global warming.
Tips on final revision
After writing the draft paper and before submitting the final paper, the author needs to review his work to make corrections where necessary. Revising an essay should include correcting minor errors like spellings, running sentences and incomplete grammar. The author needs to review his work to ensure that the essay invokes the reader’s emotions and can convince the target audience. After reviewing the essay paper and making all the necessary changes, the author should save the changes and finally submit the paper.
Outline sample of a persuasive essay on global warming
- Thesis statement
- First paragraph: What is global warming? What causes global warming?
- Second paragraph:
- The impact of global warming on the planet. Severe hurricanes and unusual weather like El Nino.
- The latest findings on global warming trends and its effects on humans
- Third paragraph
- Describe some of the environmental choices people can make in their everyday lives
- Some of the possible choices include; planting trees, minimizing air pollution, using energy efficient appliances, using public transport.
- Summary of the thesis statement about global warming and its causes, its effect and what we can do.